Monday, December 3, 2007

the Itis revisited

I've noticed an interesting relationship between my physical health and my emotional health. It seems that when my body is sick, it's easier for my head to also be sick.
Since I've contracted the plague, I've been feeling very low, very needy....very "please don't leave me." This is not my natural state. Really. And the funny(haha)thing is that I feel this way every time I'm ill.

I really think that when our bodies feel puuey(pronounced peYouE -say it fast with no syllable break), our emotional well being suffers. When my body doesn't feel right, I have a very hard time feeling right with the inside Me.

As this is being typed, Bonnie Tyler is singing her feathered little heart out about how "It's a heartache and life sucks and men are mean and whatever..."
When I feel like this I just want to whine and be taken care of. The bitch is that I can never assume any one person will ever take care of me. Cold and cynical as this may seem, as a rule you can't count on another person to stay, care and always do what they say they'll do.

I know lots of people today who would do what they say but they're smart enough to not promise anything except that they're okay and I'm okay.
And the hardest part is that sometimes with some people I want more than that. That's me being sick and codependent.

1 comment:

Brian said...

You have got to blog more often. Your well functioning keyboard is therapy for the rest of the world. And for what it's worth, I'm a big baby when I'm sick. As was the case this week. It was pretty pathetic.