Tuesday, August 21, 2007

250 acrylics to burn

and I'm at about 116 so far. The boss came to work this morning only to turn around and go home again. That makes for a long day. Longer still when I consider the appointments made that go well into 10pm tonight. Right living and fulfilling obligations can be exhausting.

I often wonder where I hid my gratitude. While walking around my apartment, did I set it down somewhere? I haven't lost it. It is merely misplaced. I'm confident it will turn up in the mouth of some crazy with 36 hours under his belt and beads of vodka sweat on his brow.

The thing I need to remeber is: God's a funny guy. Sometimes His humor is sardonic or downright sick. But He's funny. God's the comedian playing to an audience afraid to laugh. Is stifling a chuckle a lesser sin than any other? Am I in closer contatct with Him when I allow myself to be amused at the irony that is everyday living?

No comments: